No matter how often you may cook, the kitchen is always one of the most important rooms in the home. It’s where we make our meals, it’s where we eat with friends and family, and it’s where we store all of our food. That’s why a kitchen remodel can be so exciting! If you’re thinking about undergoing a kitchen renovation, here are five fast facts to keep in mind:
Fact 1: The Average Cost Of Kitchen Remodels Is Between $13,000 – $20,000
A kitchen remodel can be a large expense, but it does not have to break the bank.
- Kitchen cabinets are typically the most expensive aspect of a kitchen remodeling project. However, you can save money by shopping around and comparing prices among many different stores that sell kitchens, over buying them new over the internet or from an individual seller that may be cheaper than what you would pay at a retail store.
- If you are not too concerned about having brand new cabinets, consider refinishing or repainting existing ones. This is a much cheaper food and labor-intensive solution that will typically run under $1,000 including materials and labor if you have all of the needed supplies to complete the project including sandpaper, stain, paint, primer, and rollers/paintbrushes.
- There are many different options for countertop materials available. Concrete counters are relatively inexpensive compared with other forms of countertops since they require very few additional supplies to finish them properly. Marble is another less expensive option.
- When it comes to appliances, buying them used can be a great way to save money. However, make sure that the refrigerator and oven are energy efficient since this will help you save money on your utility bills once you begin using them frequently in your kitchen. For example, choose one rated as an ENERGY STAR appliance for better energy efficiency than other models.
Fact #2: Because Most Homes In The United States Are At Least 20 Years Old, They Require Repair And Upgrading
Almost nine percent of homeowners claim they are going to remodel their kitchen because it’s old. Some homeowners tend to begin thinking about renovation right after they purchase a home or when the kids leave for college.
Homeowners often remodel their kitchens because they want to add in modern and updated appliances and fixtures. Some might not deem an old kitchen as unappealing, but it’s likely that they want to remodel for several reasons. Along with aesthetics, or perhaps to increase the value of their home, there are numerous benefits to kitchen remodels.
Fact #3: Most Homeowners Look For Professionals To Do The Job
People choose the help of professionals when remodeling their kitchens for several reasons. For one, there are very many parts to a kitchen; cabinets, countertops, floors, appliances, etc. That is why you need an expert who will handle all these aspects and give you great results in return.
When you seek the services of professionals for your kitchen renovations don’t forget that they have vast experience that can be used to ensure that all goes right. Professionals will take into account the condition of your kitchen before coming up with ideas on how to transform it into what you always wanted it to look like.
Every room in every house should be beautiful so if you don’t think yours looks good enough then get hold of experts and let them transform it into what you always wanted. Kitchen improvement can be costly, but if you hire professionals then you will not regret saving yourself the trouble of having to handle all this work that is complicated on your own.
According to Houzz, overall, hiring of kitchen remodeling specialists increased to 89 percent in 2020, up from 85 percent in 2020. This is the greatest level in four years. Companies generally remain to be the most often employed (53 percent), up to four percentage points from 2021. In addition, cabinetmakers, kitchen designers, and interior designers are being employed at a higher rate than in the past couple of years.
Fact #4: Over A Third Of Households Are Said To Have Splurged On Countertops
It’s a question that may have crossed your mind as you’ve begun contemplating how to renovate your kitchen. Countertops are often one of the first things people think about when they’re ready to renovate their kitchens, but before remodeling is even considered, so many other issues come up.
If you’re considering a kitchen remodel, it can be easy to focus on the countertops alone. After all, they are part of what makes your kitchen function and look great. However, if you think about other factors that could affect your decision beyond aesthetics, then you may want to consider whether or not your countertop choice is really the best one for your needs.
Fact #5: According To Houzz, White Is Still The Most Popular Color For Kitchen Cabinets, Backsplashes, And Walls
White kitchen cabinets are popular for a number of reasons:
- White appliances match white cabinets perfectly and give your kitchen a fresh new look that friends and family will rave about.
- When it comes to painting your walls or backsplash, you can’t go wrong with all-white because it works well with virtually any other color scheme.
- Tile countertops are another great choice if you want an elegant look that will stand the test of time. White granite tile counters are visually appealing, resistant to stains, easy to clean, inexpensive, durable, and available everywhere.
So, if you’re in the market for a kitchen remodel, you’re definitely not alone. And luckily, there are plenty of professionals who can help get the job done right. But before you start interviewing contractors and making plans, it’s important to have an idea of what kind of budget you’ll be working with. According to recent surveys, the average cost for kitchen remodels falls somewhere between $13,000 and $20,000. If that sounds like more than you want or need to spend, don’t worry – there are lots of ways to cut costs without sacrificing quality. Once you’ve got a ballpark figure in mind, it’s time to start shopping around for ideas.
Are You Planning a New Kitchen Remodel?
New Key Construction, based in Walnut Creek California, specializes in spectacular kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels, additions and whole-house remodels. Our passion is to be the home for talented craftsmen who deliver beautiful projects to clients throughout the SF East Bay Area! Choosing the right general contractor for your project can be difficult, but we make things easy by focusing on Your Experience, Client Communication, Cutting Edge Technology, and Pushing Our Design and Build Limits! If we could have one goal, it would be that when someone you know is looking for a contractor you highly recommend our company because of the experience we deliver for you! Check out our website, our portfolio and our reviews to learn more – or give us a call today.